WAE Technologies Limited (company number 08012215) (“WAE” / “we” / “our” / “us”) takes your privacy very seriously and is committing to protecting your personal data.
If you wish to contact us regarding this privacy notice, please see the contact details here. WAE is the data controller and our registered office is Station Road, Grove, Wantage, Oxfordshire, OX12 0ST.
This privacy notice (together with the terms and conditions, which you can find here ) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us through your use of our website (https://www.wae.com) and any sub-domains (the “Website”), will be processed by us.
This privacy notice does not apply to websites that you may be able to access via links on the Website and/or activities offered by third parties. We are not responsible for the collection or use of your personal data from these third party websites. Please ensure you review any relevant policies.
- DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU OR ABOUT YOU AND OUR SOURCES OF THAT DATA
- PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- RETAINING PERSONAL DATA
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
- WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOUR RIGHTS ARE BREACHED?
- COMPLAINTS TO THE REGULATOR
- CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
- HOW TO CONTACT US
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU OR ABOUT YOU AND OUR SOURCES OF THAT DATA
We will collect, use, store and transfer the following data about you:
- Data you give us. You may give us data about you:
- by filing in a form on the Website. For instance, when you complete the “CONTACT US” form on the Website; or
- if you contact us or correspond with us (for example, by phone, email or otherwise) for any other reason, for example, to find out more about WAE. Please note if you want to apply for a job with us, you will be directed to do so with our third party provider iCIMS and to agree to the associated Privacy Notice and terms as part of that process.
- Data we collect about you. Certain data may be collected about you by way of Cookies – see the section Cookies below.
PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will use the personal data held about you for the purposes stated below:
|Purpose of Processing||Type of personal data||Legal basis for processing|
|To manage our relationship with you, including dealing with any enquiries, correspondence, concerns or complaints you have raised with us.||Your name, email address, address, job title, company name, opinion and information about any concerns or issues you have raised.||Our legitimate interest – to enable us to keep our records updated and to better understand our customers.|
|As part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure.||Your personal contact details and the technical information mentioned in the Cookies section below.||Legitimate interest – to improve and ensure the safety of the Website.|
|To compile reports (which do not personally identify you) about the use of the Website.||The technical information mentioned in the Cookies section below.||Legitimate interest – to improve the Website.|
|To ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.||The technical information mentioned in the Cookies section below.||Legitimate interest – to improve the Website.|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.||The technical information mentioned in the Cookies section below.||Legitimate interest – to understand our customers better, keep the Website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy.|
|To better understand our audience.||The technical information mentioned in the Cookies section below, email address, address, job titles and which organisation you are from.||Legitimate interest – to allow us to prepare statistical information to be used internally to better understand our customers.|
Where we have a legal basis to use your personal data without consent (as we have described above), this policy fulfils our duty to process personal data fairly and lawfully and in a manner that you would expect given the nature of our relationship with you, by giving you appropriate notice and explanation of the way in which your personal data will be used.
Where consent is required for our use of your personal data, by ticking the appropriate consent box or otherwise communicating your consent, you consent to our use of that personal data for the purposes covered by the specific consent that you have given.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with selected third parties in accordance with this policy, including:
- WAE professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services;
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 or any shareholder entity of WAE;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website;
- government or other law enforcement agencies, in connection with the investigation of unlawful activities or for other legal reasons (this may include your location information); or
- a third party where all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by such third party, in which case personal data held by us, including your personal data, will be one of the transferred assets (however, we will let you know before this happens).
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where possible, we do not transfer the personal data we collect about you outside of the UK or EU, but this is sometimes necessary in order for us to process your data in accordance with this policy. We are permitted to do in certain circumstances, including where: the European Commission has determined that the destination country has adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data or where we put in place appropriate contractual clauses to ensure adequate protection with each third party supplier to ensure that they respect the EU and UK laws on data protection. If you require further information on any countries we may transfer your data to outside of the EU, whether there is an adequacy decision in place and/or what protective measures we have implemented, you can request it from us by submitting a query to the contact details at the end of this policy.
If you would like to find out more about this or obtain a copy of the relevant standard contractual clauses, please contact us at The Legal Department, WAE Technologies Limited, Grove, Wantage, Oxfordshire, OX12 0DQ or by email at email@example.com .
All the information you provide us with is stored on secure servers. We will use technical and organisation measures to safeguard your personal data.
We maintain (and ensure that anyone we share your personal data with maintains) appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that an appropriate level of security in respect of all personal data we process. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website and you acknowledge that any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features which are appropriate to the type of personal data you have provided to try to prevent unauthorised access or inadvertent disclosure.
RETAINING PERSONAL DATA
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- Access. You have the right to access data we hold about you. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Rectification or erasure. You have the right to request that we rectify or delete any personal data that we hold about you (unless we have the legal right to retain it). This right does not extend to non-personal data. Please note that your rights to request erasure may be limited by applicable law.
- Restriction. You also have the right to restrict us from processing your personal data if the data is inaccurate, the processing is unlawful or we no longer need your personal data for the purposes for which we hold it.
- Data portability. You have the right to obtain personal data we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller if the legal basis for processing such personal data is consent.
- Object /change of preferences. You have a right to request that we stop processing your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party). You have the right to object where we are processing your personal data based on our legitimate interests or processing for direct marketing purposes.
- Withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, that does not mean anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful).
Please note that if you ask us to stop processing your personal data in certain ways or erase your personal data, and this type of processing of data is needed to facilitate your use of the Website or the provision of products or services to you, you may not be able to use the Website or receive products or services from us as you did before. This does not include your right to object to direct marketing, which can be exercised at any time without restrictions. Please allow at least ten working days for your request to be actioned.
Please note that the rights mentioned above do not extend to non-personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights mentioned above, please contact us at The Legal Department, WAE Technologies Limited, Grove, Wantage, Oxfordshire, OX12 0DQ or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOUR RIGHTS ARE BREACHED?
You may be entitled to compensation for damage caused by contravention of data protection laws.
COMPLAINTS TO THE REGULATOR
It is important to ensure that you have read this privacy notice. If you do not think that we have processed your data in accordance with this Policy, you should let us know as soon as possible. Similarly, you may complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Information about how to do this is available on their website: www.ico.org.uk
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Website. This enables us to remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We use Google Analytics which is an analytical / performance cookie. The Website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the Website, collecting standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymised form from which no user is identifiable. We have also implemented Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising (Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting).
This information is transmitted to Google and processed to compile statistical reports on activity on the Website and so be able to develop the Website and its content around our users’ interests. These reports allow us to optimise our user experience. Google provide a browser add-on for users who wish to prevent their data from being used by Google Analytics.
Click here and here for an overview of privacy at Google, and click here if you wish to opt out from the operation of Google Analytics. In addition, you can use the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on to disable tracking by Google Analytics.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|_gid||24 hours||This is a Google cookie that is used to distinguish users.||.wae.com|
|_gat||1 minute||This is a Google cookie that is used to throttle request rate.||.wae.com|
|_ga||2 years||This is a Google cookie that is used to distinguish users.||.wae.com|
|advancedengineering#lang||End of Session||Sitecore cookie to track a user’s language selection.||.wae.com|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||End of Session||Used to identify the users session on our web server.||.wae.com|
|__RequestVerificationToken||End of Session||Anti-forgery token used to help prevent CSRF attacks.||.wae.com|
|ARRAffinity||End of Session||Cookie which ensures a user stays on a specific instance of a website or web app in Azure.||.wae.com|
By clicking “agree” in the cookie consent box when you first access the Website and by continuing to access and use the Website you accept the use of the cookies.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or part of the Website.
For more detailed information about cookies and how they can be managed and deleted, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please also contact us if you would like to know more about our data processing activities, to update or amend any of your personal data which you have provided to us or if you believe our records relating to your personal data are incorrect.