DRIVING A ZERO EMISSIONS FUTURE
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for Systems Engineer to join our Mechanical & Systems Department, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering Mechanical Systems on Heavy Engineering Projects within WAE including large trucks and rail within the Mining Sector.
The candidate will be deployed by the Systems Engineering Group into complex programmes with multiple projects.
- The engineering delivery of specific commodity groups across Mechanical Engineering
- Requirements and Target Setting
- Project Planning and Commodity Planning
- Test Planning and Execution
- Engineering and Technical Sign off of Systems
- Change Management
- Review key project metrics to identify areas of help and support
- Be deployed onto major projects and support the Senior Project Managers and Chief Engineers when required.
- Improving the efficiency within the engineering delivery of projects
- Be the point of escalation for any technical creating, manging and updating operational procedures that deliver engineering.
- LEAN Product Development Practitioner within an Engineering business (Six Sigma Knowledge and Continuous Improvement)
- Pragmatic adoption of Gateway Processes including APQP, PPAP, ESO, DVP, DFMEA, key deliverables and KPis
- Experience of 3D CAD and PML software (ideally NX and Team centre)
- Understanding of the TRL and MRL definitions
- Hands on proactive attitude
- Able to work in very challenging time schedule.
- Data lead decision maker
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career.
- A supportive and empowering work environment.
Closing date for applications is 15th December 2022
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
JOIN A TEAM THAT’S CHANGING THE WORLD