ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Procurement Officer to join our growing Procurement Team. The role will drive a best practice approach to procurement across a developing team.
- Responsible for the design, development and roll out of commodity strategies in support of prevailing programme and business objectives.
- Responsible for the on-time delivery of conforming materials and parts, for new and existing product in conjunction with supplier quality assurance team
- Preparation and issue of tenders
- Carry out commercial negotiations, including design and development, tooling and piece price
- Supplier selection and nomination in conjunction with supplier quality assurance team
- Cost and budget leadership, providing clear and accurate data into the programme BOM & creating reports for senior management
- Report procurement status at programme reviews and gateways to senior management
- Lead the resolution of supplier quality concerns when non-conforming product is identified, ensuring proper root cause analysis is carried out and robust corrective action implemented
- Conduct supplier assessment audits with supplier quality assurance team to identify potential new suppliers capable of supplying to WAE requirements
- Creation and development of supplier performance data and working with supplier quality assurance team to ensure effective supplier development plans are in place and measures executed
- Chair regular business and programme reviews with key suppliers ensuring strategic alignment is achieved
- Create, develop, and continuously improve the business procurement processes and procedures within a multi programme environment
- Take a leading role within the team to support the personal development of graduate/new starter staff
- Previous procurement experience in delivering complex multi-vendor strategy is essential
- Ability to review and understand technical proposals, technical drawings and specifications
- Awareness of SQA requirements & standards
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under own initiative and under pressure, in a controlled manner
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong data driven and visual reporting skills, ensuring quantified status and risk is communicated
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills allied with an ability and commitment to meet deadlines
- Build and develop interdepartmental relationships within WAE to provide overall business improvement
- Microsoft Excel and office skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation
- Supplier visits are part of the role, so a clean driving license is essential.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
Closing date for applications is 9th December 2022
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills.
WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.