Exciting opportunity to join a growing team as a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for a rapidly growing electrification company. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
The primary function of the role is:
To support the business as subject matter expert, using manufacturing and quality knowledge and experience to ensure all designs can be translated from prototype into repeatable and scalable production. To lead and participate in APQP activities; leading problem resolution and other continuous improvement initiatives and activities.
- Supporting the Mechanical Development and Production Teams with the management of all prototype builds ensuring all processes, tooling/equipment and facilities are in place.
- Defining and leading the setup of low volume production environments and the development of manufacturing processes to ensure production is conducted safely, on time and on budget whilst ensuring best practice is adhered to.
- Defining and leading the scaling up of low volume production facilities & processes to support production volumes along with implementation and delivery of specific Advanced Production Quality Plans for new product introduction.
- Providing manufacturing engineering support to the Production, Procurement and Programmes Teams incorporating virtual build events when required.
- Participating in the release of engineering drawings and CAD data and mapping processes using techniques such as PFMEA’s and control plans.
- Producing and maintaining SOPs, build records, process routings and production documentation.
- Devising and owning specific elements of the quality improvement road map supporting the Quality Management System and the business’s compliance to ISO9001:2015, and any project specific quality requirements.
- Supporting the Quality Team through the creation and use of quality tools and techniques.
- Extensive experience gained in a low / mid volume manufacturing / production assembly environment along with knowledge of low / mid volume automation tools and techniques.
- Experience in new product introduction and APQP tools and Jig and Fixture design.
- Knowledge of Siemens Teamcenter, MPP, NX and NoMuda Visual Factory software would be useful.
- Previous experience working with High Voltage products is desirable.
- Experience in the use of business improvement tools and techniques (5s, Lean, Kaizen etc.) and the use and construction of PFMEA’s and Control Plans is essential as is a good understanding of TS16949, AS9100, ISO14001 and ISO9001 to comply with company processes.
We are seeking a team player with the ability to work on their own initiative, who is able to influence others by demonstrating a positive “can do” attitude. Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills along with the ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment is essential.
Closing date for applications is Friday 26th September 2022
This position is based in Kidlington, Oxfordshire with some activities required at our head office in Grove, Oxfordshire.
DISCLAIMERS AND DEI
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills.
WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.