ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
WAE Technologies Limited exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for Senior Engineer – Battery Performance to join our Battery Systems team in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment. Purpose of the role is to enable design and development of WAE’s battery systems through cell-driven systems engineering. Responsible for developing cell-driven battery system performance and safety through testing, modelling and simulations in WAE’s battery projects.
- Advancing electrical, thermal, and electrochemical battery performance and safety.
- Generating battery system concepts from system level requirements by cell selection and pack sizing.
- Defining battery test plans and procedures to validate battery system performance and safety.
- Analysing battery data from tests, race events, and fleet operations.
- Determining battery performance and safety through model simulations.
- Engaging with stakeholders at all levels of WAE as a battery performance representative.
- Representing WAE externally as a battery system technical expert for ongoing project delivery, business development, and academic partnerships.
- A qualification in a STEM course or relevant equivalent experience
- Strong experience in data analysis in MATLAB.
- Strong experience in systems modelling and simulations.
- Knowledge in HV battery systems.
- Familiarity in battery cell technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
The closing date for applications is 30th of June 2023.
We are based on the WAE technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK. And Kidlington, Oxford.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.