ACCELERATE AN ELECTRIC FUTURE
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Electronics Engineer to join the Electrical Team.
You will be a lead engineer delivering electronic design solutions for complex safety related projects for Battery Management Systems and Vehicle Control Modules as part of broader decarbonisation strategy projects
- Responsible for all aspects of electronic design throughout the full process lifecycle:
- Requirements: analysis and concept development
- Planning: Development, integration, verification, EMC, schedule
- Design: circuit design and analysis with PCB design guidance, DFM, ICD generation
- Integration and test: Board bring up, design verification and EMC /ENV test support and development of test infrastructure including test firmware development
- Support technical meetings and design reviews with customer and stakeholders
- Proactively manage technical risks
- Ensure compliance to regulatory and legislative requirements
- Plan tasks and manage resources effectively to ensure that activities are completed efficiently and within project constraints
- Actively contribute to a culture of best practice and continuous process improvement within the electronics team
- Act as a role model and undertake continuing professional development
- Provide technical and behavioural guidance to mentor and develop less experienced engineering colleagues
- Contribute to the technology development roadmap.
- Remain up to date in advances in relevant technology, development, and production
- An engineering qualification (e.g. Degree or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering or similar subject.
- Previous hardware lead experience
- Full lifecycle product development experience in a rigorously controlled sector such as Automotive/Aerospace/Defence
- Experience in development of complex safety related electronic systems involving both hardware and firmware development.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
Closing date for applications is Monday 5th December 2022
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.