DRIVING A ZERO EMISSIONS FUTURE
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for a Sales Ledger Assistant to help facilitate timely and efficient processing of sales invoices and cash collection, supporting the finance team in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment.
This role will own and improve the sales ledger and credit control function for WAE, actively managing internal stakeholder relationships as well as those with customers. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a sales ledger experience, looking to develop in to a sales ledger leader/manager in future.
- Maintain the accuracy of customer accounts to ensure accurate company financial statement reporting.
- Process cash allocation from bank statement, through ERP.
- Monitor unallocated cash, liaising with the business and customers to resolve.
- Process new customer requests and verify customer data using credit referencing agencies, companies house, ensure this meets requirements for credit policy.
- Proactively manage the business to ensure sales invoices are raised in a timely manner.
- Maintain sales ledger master data including annual credit reviews, name changes, changes to Companies House and credit risk information.
- Manager insolvencies and court recoveries, including 7-day letters (notice of intent)
- Proactively manage ledger accounts to ensure accounts are paid strictly to terms including pre-due chasing, due reminders, overdue chasing, placing accounts on stop.
- Manage queries – ensure query information for unpaid invoices has been passed to the relevant departments.
- Monitor stopped accounts and orders on hold throughout the day to ensure orders can be released where necessary.
- Issue monthly statements to customers / copy invoices.
- Debtors reporting and debt commentary.
- Proven track record of Accounts Receivable work.
- Significant hands-on business experience with accounting functions.
- Strong commercial and strategic understanding.
- Able to manipulate data and have reasonable Excel skills.
- Able to maintain the accuracy of accounts to ensure accurate company financial statement reporting.
- Self-driven, results oriented entrepreneurial person with a positive outlook and a clear focus.
- Attention to detail and ability to process a high volume of invoices.
- Ability to operate in an environment of teamwork, common goals, and transparency.
- A commitment to deliver great customer experience.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
Closing date for applications is 26th September 2022
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are
committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills.
WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability,
we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.