JOIN A TEAM THAT’S CHANGING THE WORLD
WAE Technologies Limited exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for Requirements Engineer to join our Vehicle Integration team in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment. Purpose of this role is to perform requirements capture, cascade, monitor and aid conflict/trade-off activity to achieve the most optimised solution across 1 or 2 projects within off-highway/heavy industry and/or automotive projects. They will ensure appropriate validation & verification is put in place to guarantee quality product development. The individual will be involved in projects from the earliest feasibility studies to final engineering sign-off and production validation. Furthermore, this role will take authority for the requirements capture and cascading process.
- To act as the voice of the client within WAE, and to work with the project team to capture and understand top-level customer and product-level requirements.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to interpret, decompose and cascade requirements from vehicle or product level to various system levels.
- Ensure buy-in and ownership acceptance from system engineers for the requirements that are cascaded.
- Support System-Engineers in the cascade to further levels of resolution, ensuring the child requirements are sufficient to fully encompass the intent of their parents.
- Manage the project requirements database for current, new and pipeline projects.
- Aid with internal/external trade-off negotiations and mediate where required between attributes and/or system groups to ensure the optimal balancing of requirements.
- Create and maintain product specification documents for internal and customer approval.
- Develop product or full-vehicle certification and compliance sign-off approaches for a range of volumes from individual products to low/medium production-volume programmes.
- Present the implications of regulations on the development and validation strategy of the product including conceptual layout and attributes.
- Work closely with the test manager and V&V teams to ensure requirements have a suitable verification and validation strategy and create cadence on the progress being made through verification and validation testing.
- Provide metrics to Programme Management, which indicate maturity and completeness of requirements capture.
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes to improve requirements management.
- Provide technical support to business development activities, including customer briefings and conference presentations, technical readiness and risk analysis assessments.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities and suppliers of regulatory information, to maintain WAE’s awareness
- Experience of Requirements Management and System Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of certification, legislation, homologation, market requirements and compliance in at least 1 industry is essential. Industries could include: Automotive, Off-Highway, Mining, Rail, Marine, Aerospace, Electrification.
- Working knowledge of requirements management tools is essential. Experience with Siemens’ Polarion software is desirable.
- Experience in various stages of an engineering development programme would be advantageous.
- Strong understanding of design and development processes, and experience in a development environment
- A relevant engineering degree or equivalent qualification in mechanical, automotive, electrical or aerospace engineering.
- Able to use initiative, respond quickly to problems and manage own workload.
- Good working knowledge of proprietary PC software (including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
The closing date for applications is 8th of June 2023.
We are based on the WAE technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK. And Kidlington, Oxford.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.