WHERE ENGINEERING AND INNOVATION MEET
WAE Technologies Limited exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for Performance Simulation Engineer to join our CAE – Performance Simulation team in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment. This role is collaborative, providing technical knowledge and acumen throughout product design gateways from concepting into design and development. The role will suit individuals with a passion for electrification or cutting-edge engineering and is seeking a strong team-environment, within a high-paced and culture.
- Working within the performance simulation group, supporting the wider CAE department.
- Working across a matrix structure, supporting project teams to fulfil customer requirements and deliverables.
- To be client-centric, interacting directly with internal customers with supervision.
- To work across a wider variety of projects, for diverse clients across a number of engineering sectors.
- Aiding concept direction, through feasibility and early stage analysis.
- Presentation, reporting and discussion of analysis results and participation in design reviews.
- Creation, development and running of performance simulations including:
-1D drivecycle simulation
-Multibody analysis using Simpack
– Lap simulation for automotive and motorsport application
- Development of core vehicle framework using Matlab/Simulink.
- Detailed analysis of simulation results and creation of comprehensive post processing.
- To balance multiple concurrent projects and manage your own workload.
- Actively pursuing CPD activity within professional engineering.
- An engineering qualification (e.g. Degree) in mechanical, automotive or aerospace engineering.
- Experience of performance simulation with one or more of the following:
– Multibody modelling (pref. Simpack/ADAMS)
-Lap simulation exposure
-Objective manoeuvre modelling via CarMaker (or similar)
-Simscape or other physical systems modelling experience (eg Dymola, AMESim, GT, etc)
- A strong Matlab skillset and experience of Simulink systems modelling.
- C++ programming (and other languages) would be advantageous.
- Good source control knowledge/experience.
- Experience in the automotive, aerospace or motorsport industry would be advantageous.
- Practical experience of physical testing, vehicle setup or test rig would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of electric powertrains and battery systems.
- Good understanding of vehicle dynamics and interest in the principles of optimal control.
- Working towards chartership status with the IMechE/IET (or similar) would be advantageous.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
The closing date for applications is 7th of June 2023.
We are based on the WAE technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK. and Kidlington, Oxford.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.