ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
WAE Technologies Limited exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for Project Engineer to join our Motorsport Team in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment. The motorsport project engineer will facilitate the safe operation of our electric motorsport products in the field.
- In this customer-facing role, the engineer will be responsible for the safe and reliable operation of WAE motorsport products. This will entail detailed pre-event preparation from the initial testing stage onwards and will develop into regular, international event support of both test and race.
- Understand and analyse electrical schematics and wiring diagrams to diagnose and troubleshoot issues.
- Liaison between the factory and the test or race event maintaining communication across departments to ensure the readiness of WAE products like hardware, software, and spares.
- Collaborate with other members of the WAE team to identify opportunities for process improvements and product development.
- Ability to analyse data generated from testing and racing events to identify faults and use problem-solving skills to identify and address issues related to hardware, software, and communication systems in a time-critical and stressful environment.
- Assist in the design and development of new motorsport products(hardware/software), providing feedback and insights based on customer feedback and experience.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, including product manuals and training materials, to ensure consistent and accurate communication with customers.
- Author post-session and event reports for both internal and external distribution.
- Engineering graduate with some industry experience.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve complex problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Detailed knowledge of Battery Management Systems (BMS), High Voltage (HV) Batteries, and electrical systems of Electric Vehicles (EVs) is highly advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of MathWorks, ATLAS, System Monitor, Wintax, WinDrab, and other CAN tools.
- Experience in previous track support or customer support roles desirable.
- Willing to travel extensively and work flexible hours during testing and racing events.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
The closing date for applications is 1st of June 2023.
We are based on the WAE technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.