ACCELERATE AN ELECTRIC FUTURE
WAE Technologies Limited exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for a Production Engineer in the Manufacturing Team in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment.
Reporting to the Production manager, this is a key role where the successful applicant will be responsible for supervising and improving production as well as the deployment of new product lines, equipment and tooling into production areas. The successful candidate will be a vital link between production operations, programmes and engineering design to ensure that battery assembly products are manufactured consistently against strict planned schedules.
- First line response to production build related issues to aid quick turnarounds
- Identify and develop manufacturing needs for motorsport and automotive batteries
- Oversee production to ensure that build quality is being maintained and improved
- Develop, design and engineer systems and processes to ensure efficiency in build times
- Motorsport and Automotive battery support in the field if required
- Diagnostics, testing and validation of battery packs
- Ensuring compliance to H&S Standards
- Identify and develop H&S opportunities within the workplace
- Specification, validation, deployment and maintenance of machinery and equipment
- Develop workshop layouts to maximise efficiency
- Promote and develop lean manufacturing and 5S on the shop floor
- Design, test and improve fixtures and tooling for assembly tasks
- Assisting with the development of production documentation (Work instructions, SoPs etc)
- Manage the shop floor KPI’s
- Manage consumable identification and top-up
- Electrical & Mechanical technical knowledge & ability
- Apprenticeship / NVQ / BTEC or Degree in relevant engineering discipline.
- IOSH Qualification (or equivalent)
- High Voltage Experience & Qualifications
- Ability to use your initiative and respond quickly to problems
- Flexible working approach
- Organised, precise and pragmatic approach to working.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain high standards of staff and department presentation, as appropriate for a facility visited by potential customers and other VIP’s.
- Significant Mechanical and/or electrical engineering experience
- Good working knowledge of proprietary PC software e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Flexibility around working hours, there may be a requirement to work shifts therefore a ‘can do’ attitude is essential.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
The closing date for applications is 8 February 2023.
WAE Headquarters are based in Grove, Oxfordshire. This role will primarily be based in Kidlington, North of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.