ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
WAE Technologies Limited exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for Production Engineer – Electrical and Safety to join our Manufacturing Engineering team in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment. The Production Engineer will ensure the successful delivery into production of prototype or low volume programmes, through ensuring all specified tooling, equipment and information is procured and provided, and working with technicians to ensure their competence, focussed on ensuring the safety of processes and equipment provided and providing key input on all aspects of hazardous voltage safety and working practices.
- Review, assess risk and provide feedback on safety concerns and PPE requirements (particularly electrical safety equipment and PPE) work instructions from Manufacturing Engineers and develop/deliver training to operators to ensure their competence.
- Ensure all specified tooling for builds is ordered (and in the case of Hazardous Voltage tooling, is approved and from an approved supplier) and deployed to operators ahead of the scheduled build time including replacing tooling at the end of its lifecycle.
- Feedback process issues and suggestions for improvement to the Manufacturing Engineering team
- Undertake minor updates to work instructions, capturing key improvement ideas, and clarifications that improve the usefulness of this documentation.
- Support and control early-stage hazardous voltage prototype builds with build experience and expertise that enables design and process improvements to be enacted.
- Conduct late prototype and low volume early builds with the support of operators, and update work instructions and issue trackers with any issues or opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct process validations for hazardous voltage operations and build of sub-assembly components to ensure ongoing conformity of production to safe working practices.
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, to ensure the upkeep of all equipment in a safe, operational state.
- Ensure routine calibration/maintenance requirements of a variety of electro-mechanical systems are undertaken.
- Assist with the moving, installation, repositioning of machines and equipment to ensure it is undertaken in a safe manner. Detail methods statements and conduct risk assessments as appropriate.
- Optimise equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Work within 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) methodology to maintain workplace to a high standard, and avoid ancillary hazards in areas to be sued for hazardous voltage work.
- First line response to production build related issues to aid quick turnarounds, and safe and effective delivery of any non-standard investigation or rework activities.
- Oversee production to ensure that build quality and safe operational practice is being maintained and improved.
- Diagnostics, testing and validation of products.
- Ensuring team compliance to H&S Standards
- Identify and develop H&S opportunities within the workplace.
- Develop workshop layouts to maximise efficiency and update engineering/CAD models.
- Assisting with the development and upkeep of production documentation (Work instructions, etc)
- Manage consumable identification and top-up.
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions.
- Produce written reports and make presentations.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation.
- Provide technical expertise to the team.
- Ensure KPIs are met by working to the plan, including reporting.
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department.
- Electrical & Mechanical technical knowledge & ability
- HNC/HND/Degree in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- IOSH Managing Safely Qualification (or equivalent) is desirable.
- Experience of working with Hazardous Voltage products & associated safety and technical Qualifications
- Ability to use your initiative and respond quickly to problems.
- Flexible working approach
- Organised, precise and pragmatic approach to working.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain high standards of staff and department presentation, as appropriate for a facility visited by potential customers and other VIP’s.
- Significant Mechanical and/or electrical engineering experience
- Good working knowledge of proprietary PC software e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Flexibility around working hours, there may be a requirement to work shifts therefore a ‘can do’ attitude is essential.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
The closing date for applications is 8th of June 2023.
We are based on the WAE technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.and Kidlington, Oxford.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.