ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
WAE Technologies Limited exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
WAE are working in partnership with FFI to decarbonise FMG’s mining fleet to have a net-zero mining operation by 2030.An opportunity has arisen for Procurement Officer to join our Procurement Team in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment. Purpose of this role is management of the supply base to ensure effective supply of product and services delivered correct to specification, to schedule and at minimum cost to support a multi programme demand.
- Responsible for the on-time delivery of conforming materials and parts, for new and existing product in conjunction with supplier quality assurance team;
- Create and report against Product/Category/Commodity/Programme procurement strategy gaining consensus with internal and external stakeholders;
- Preparation and issue of RFQ’s;
- Carry out commercial negotiations, including design and development, tooling and piece price;
- Supplier selection and nomination in conjunction with supplier quality assurance team;
- Drive the VA/VE and DFM process with suppliers and engineering to achieve quality, cost and delivery targets;
- Working with ERP system to raise purchase orders and ensure on time delivery;
- Cost and budget leadership, providing clear and accurate data into the programme BOM;
- Complete commercial checks of supplier payment terms, delivery terms and general terms and conditions to ensure that all are aligned with the business or its customer’s requirements;
- Report procurement status at programme reviews and gateways to senior management;
- Lead the resolution of supplier quality concerns when non-conforming product is identified, ensuring proper root cause analysis is carried out and robust corrective action implemented;
- Responsible for coordination of NDA’s with supplier and the business legal team;
- Responsible for resolving any invoice queries arising from PO’s;
- Conduct supplier assessment audits with supplier quality assurance team to identify potential new suppliers capable of supplying to WAE requirements;
- Creation and development of supplier performance data and working with supplier quality assurance team to ensure effective supplier development plans are in place and measures executed;
- Develop improvement plans with suppliers who fail to meet business requirements;
- Conduct routine supplier audits and develop improvement plans with suppliers who fail to meet business requirements;
- Follow the Purchasing Procedures of the company and maintain the working environment to levels consistent with the business;
- Create, develop and continuously improve the business procurement processes and procedures within a multi programme environment;
- The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the
- Experience in a similar role and CIPS qualification
- Ability to review and understand technical proposals, technical drawings and specifications;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Ability to work under own initiative and under pressure;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills;
- Strong analytical skills allied with an ability and commitment to meet deadlines;
- The ability to establish strong relationships internally and externally;
- Supplier visits are part of the role so a clean driving license is essential;
- Microsoft Excel and office skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
The closing date for applications is 9th of June 2023.
We are based on the WAE technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK. And Kidlington, Oxford.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.