JOIN A TEAM THAT’S CHANGING THE WORLD
WAE Technologies Limited exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
The MRP Planner will be responsible for co-ordination and execution of all activities related to the planning and procurement of raw materials and components, converting the output of the Master Production Schedule. Will also be responsible for maintaining the MRP system and liaison with the Project procurement groups. The MRP planner will be part of the procurement team and will be reporting to MRP Team leader and Supply Chain Process Manager.
- Responsible for updating the Demand Planner on the latest consolidated status of parts supply to inform when the required assemblies could be built.
- Responsible for structuring bill of material (BOM) hierarchy and part master data (inc.lead-times and coverage groups) are in the system for all released parts.
- Flag emerging risks and keep relevant stakeholders aware of potential supply risks or concerns;
- Interrogate, review and adjust MRP output as required before approving recommendations for action, releasing Purchase Requisitions and ordering the required materials.
- Responsible for informing preferred proprietary lineside and kanban stock availability, and quarterly assessment.
- Responsible for aggregation of consolidated demand, aligned with commodity management.
- Responsible for issuing clear buy/pull/push/cancel signals to Buyers (exception messages).
- Issues the priority expedite reports to expeditors.
- Responsible for conveying part change requirements to Buyers and negotiating effectivity.
- Primary interface with manufacturing and production planning
- Report procurement status to procurement project leads including shortage tracking updates.
- Monitor supplier performance data to support the supplier performance and quality assurance.
- Participate in the internal audit programme when required.
- Follow the Purchasing Procedures of the company.
- Good problem solving and team working
- Ability to work under own initiative and under
- Excellent communication skills both written and
- Excellent attention to
- Analytical skills allied with an ability and commitment to meet deadlines.
- The ability to react quickly to immediate operational requirements for goods and
- Flexibility and able to adapt to changing circumstances and business requirements.
- Microsoft Excel and office
- MRP, inventory management or production planning or similar experience in managing complex BOMs in an operations environment
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
Closing date for applications is 13th February 2023
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.