ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
WAE Technologies Limited exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
WAE is seeking a Logistics Engineering Lead Engineer who will be involved in delivering and developing the final line-back solutions using PFEP, in addition to supporting process evolution within the current operations using benchmarking activities. You will be involved in developing the key attributes of the logistics program activity and have an extensive understanding of material flow and costing value-engineered solutions.
- This role requires a methodical professional who will define the Evolution & delivery of the Logistics Operational plan with a clear CI strategy for the business. Project manage the development, execution, and maintenance of all elements of Final Layout solutions – Policy, how to guide implementation plans, audits, and corrective actions. Development and deployment of standardised “How to” guides and the associated self–audits for process owners to use as reference when implementing.
- Develop and maintain a process for meeting certification requirements (internal audits, reviews, etc.)
- Coordinate the leaders in the organization on certification plans, monitor that external audits are conducted and document the required follow-up actions. Support to plant external auditing activities. Conduct timely completion of Systems, Process, Product, Environmental and Internal audits
- Implement process standardisation that supports best-in-class part flow and optimised laine material banks. Identify cost reduction opportunities in accordance with the Cost Reduction Improvement Plan
- Provide input to the other functional teams with regard to best practices when designing new systems, layouts, and processes.
- Advocate behaviour that encourages all employees to operate in a safe work environment
- Develop and implement operational work systems that allow people to keep safe and care for the environment. Ensure risk assessments are completed in accordance with legal & company standards
- Demonstrable experience in commercially optimised Logistics solutions.
- Previous experience in Material flows/ Logistics is essential.
- Experience in supporting Warehouse/ Tendering activities advantageous.
- Hold an understanding of pick face methodology delivery.
- Outstanding analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, and attention to detail
- Successful management of cross-functional teams to perform process analysis, improvement, and implementation on a global scale
- Exceptional analytical, creative, technical project management and interpersonal skills
- Tactful communication written and verbal; need to have the ability to create value propositions, develop presentations, and present to executive levels.
- Experience leading by influence, and success in being a driver of change in an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and manage changing priorities. Highly goal and result orientated.
- Prioritizes tasks according to business objectives and can pursue several objectives simultaneously.
- Can work independently with a high degree of self-motivation. Tackles problems with enthusiasm and curiosity. Ability to manage and analyse a situation and develop a professional solution for the organization
- Organised, structured, and always have an overview of all the deliverables. Know how to bring multiple projects to a successful ending within the given timeframe.
- Ability to work cross functionally within the site, influencing effectively and overcoming barriers.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
Closing date for applications is 14th of June 2023
Role is mainly based in a brand-new, high-volume manufacturing facility in Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK. With some activities at
WAE Head office, Grove, Oxfordshire / WAE Prototype Manufacturing, Kidlington, Oxfordshire.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.