ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
WAE Technologies Limited exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for IT SharePoint Administrator to join our IT team in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment. The SharePoint Administrator is responsible for the architecture and administration of SharePoint solutions for WAE. This includes working either directly or with partners on the design, configuration, and maintenance of WAE’s SharePoint environment in our Microsoft tenant, as well as the development of custom SharePoint applications as required. The SharePoint Administrator must have a strong understanding of SharePoint security and permissions architecture and development principles.
- Own all aspects of WAE’s SharePoint environment and Teams sites with support from the various IT functions (Applications, Ops & Infrastructure and Service Delivery).
- Develop and document new SharePoint intranet sites to host departmental & project file stores, corporate information sites/directories.
- Rationalise existing SharePoint sites and remove any unwanted legacy sites/teams.
- Create SharePoint workflows, configure and administer SharePoint and MS Teams and act as the source of knowledge for SharePoint best practice.
- Provide day-to-day SharePoint support and either source or provide training for business users.
- Work with the Service Delivery team to develop their support capabilities within SharePoint.
- Write clear and concise communications and documentation for SharePoint services for business users.
- Identify and realise savings for WAE technologies by introducing new IT innovations.
- Work with the Business to translate complex business requirements into SharePoint solutions with the support of technical colleagues, external providers.
- Support wider M365 services as required and contribute to the IT Service Catalogue
- Work within the ITIL aligned IT management
- Experience in a similar role – Essential
- Excellent knowledge of SharePoint permissions & security structures – Essential
- Experience working within a Microsoft enterprise environment – Essential
- A team player used to learning new skills & taking on new challenges – Essential
- A friendly and approachable disposition – Essential
- Experience of MS 365 technologies such as PowerApps, PowerBI and PowerShell – Desirable
- Working knowledge of data governance (GDPR, ISO27001, cyber essentials) – Desirable
- Knowledge of Sharepoint REST API, SPFx, PnP etc. Desirable
- Experience working within the engineering, automotive or motorsport industries – Desirable
- A degree level education in an IT or related technical discipline (e.g. Engineering) – Desirable
- ITIL Foundation Qualified – Desirable
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
The closing date for applications is 7th of June 2023.
We are based on the WAE technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK. And Kidlington, Oxford.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.