ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
WAE exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for an Internal Communications Manager to co-ordinate, plan and produce the internal communications for the company in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment. The role will create an environment of shared understanding; enabling colleagues to feel informed and connected with the work the company undertakes.
- Work with the Senior Management Team to define the internal communications strategy and engagement plan to ensure the business goals, initiatives and people news are communicated effectively in line with company values;
- Plan and deliver internal communications for the company’s change programmes and campaigns, championing the importance of employee voice, inclusion and co-creation as part of strategies and plans;
- Build and foster relationships across business functions to understand requirements and ensure employees are engaged and informed no matter whether they are based remotely or in regional locations;
- Develop communication strategies to specifically support change and transformation activities;
- Establish key messages and activities on a quarterly basis and define the most appropriate medium for communication;
- Manage and continuously improve overall channel infrastructure ensuring content is current and relevant. Working with managers/staff across the business, create calendar of events for all channels;
- Regularly audit channel requirements to ensure they are good fit for our culture and strategies. Record and analyse campaign and channel metrics to support production of a monthly internal communications dashboard;
- Write high quality creative communication material/content;
- Support implementation of annual staff survey. Analyse feedback and share with relevant managers, developing a follow-up action plan;
- Build a listening culture and build feedback mechanisms into internal communications to enable employees to have an opportunity for dialogue;
- Work with stakeholders to develop a consistent on boarding programme including the induction programme, merchandise/welcome pack and new starter information pack;
- Work with HR team to analyse and support retention programmes understanding the rationale for early departures;
- Develop company value workshops and monthly staff award programme linked to demonstration of brand values;
- Develop an organisation response to crisis situations.
- Relevant experience in an internal communications role, ideally in-house;
- The ability to work effectively and productively with internal stakeholders at all levels;
- Ideally, previous experience within change transition environment;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Experience with communications tools and channels (Dotmailer, WordPress etc);
- The ability to manage multiple projects and tasks effectively, excellent planner;
- Microsoft Office skills (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- A preference for working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment .
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
Closing date for applications is 10th February 2023.
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.