ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
WAE Technologies Limited exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for a Health Safety and Environment Manager within the Operations Team in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment This role will take full responsibility for leading the site in all matters HSE including development of numerous key HSE projects, communicating effectively across business functions and with key stakeholders.
- Define and lead the implementation of the HSE strategy, policies and working practices on site with an ability to communicate across the business and its subsidiaries.
- Responsible for ISO management systems, including document review and update, and ensure ongoing accreditations – ISO 14001
- Develop, implement, and support actions to help the business gain ISO 45001 accreditation.
- Lead internal HSE audit program and support internal audit teams. Where applicable – provide reports and recommendations improvement actions
- Responsible for document review, version control and sign off.
- Ensure compliance with HSE legislative requirements with routine HSE activities checked and monitored.
- Responsibility for site HSE operations and compliance
- Responsible for developing and delivering HSE improvement plans on site working with business leaders to drive best practice sharing and implementation.
- Ensure incidents are recorded and subject to investigation with permanent corrective actions implemented where necessary.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure all HSE procedures, such as safe systems of work, fire safety compliance COSHH assessments, DSEAR assessments, are followed in line with relevant regulations.
- Carrying out risk assessments and take actions to reduce risks.
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and consider all relevant hazards.
- Provide advice and practical support on a range of specialist areas, e.g., hazardous substances, noise, manual handling, work equipment etc.
- Conduct HSE inductions for new starters and refresher training, including company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for defining HSE processes for Banbury site and ensuring procedures relating to HSE are robust and effective.
- Develop an effective communication style and work with the teams to drive a culture of HSE excellence across the business.
- External networking with appropriate external industry bodies to promote the business.
- Ensure appropriate number of trained first aiders are in place across the business.
- Liaise with Occupational Health where applicable.
- Some multi-site responsibilities with travel between sites in the Oxfordshire region required when circumstance dictates.
Experience & Qualifications:
- NEBOSH General (minimum)
- Manufacturing / Engineering / Electrical background
- Experience with Chemicals / Hazchem / DSEAR / HV systems is an advantage
- Extensive knowledge of ISO14001 & ISO45001
- A hunger and passion to drive a positive HSE culture
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
The closing date for applications is 23rd of June 2023.
WAE Headquarters are based in Grove, Wantage.
This role will be based in our premises in Kidlington, Oxfordshire.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.