ACCELERATE AN ELECTRIC FUTURE
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for a Engineer – High Voltage Systems Integration to join our Electrical Department at a rapidly exciting time in our company history. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and you’ll be an integral team member designing, integrating and testing cells, modules and batteries for an incredible and diverse client base.
- Development of test strategies and methodologies
- Development of technology and engineering approaches for different cell / battery technologies and requirements
- Assistance with and delivery of industry/academic joint projects
- Assistance in preparation and planning of projects
- Assistance in proposal development
- Analysis and decomposition of customer requirements for battery or other HV system components
- Liaison with customers
- Building relationships with key technology suppliers/knowledge holders in industry and academia
- Preparation of engineering documentation and reports (e.g. DFMEA’s, test procedures, test reports etc.)
- Support of battery build and testing
- Support of off-site testing – UK and overseas based test facilities
- Liaising with battery build and electrical workshop personnel – building good working relationships
- Participating in project meetings – feeding back information to the Project Team with respect to timing/technical issues
- Participating in design reviews
- Participating in system safety reviews
- Presenting the company at conferences
- Engineering degree (or equivalent) in Electrical / Electronics / Aerospace / Automotive or a related subject
- Knowledge of battery system architectures and battery management systems
- Understanding CAN and CAN diagnostic software i.e CANalyser, CANoe etc, J1939 CAN bus or other industry based tool chains.
- Experience of designing and specification of high-current and high-voltage (12 to 2100Vdc) power systems, (connectors, bus bars, cables, contactors & fusing)
- Experience of electrical component integration, design & development of low/high volume products, particularly high-voltage systems and sub-systems in a Tier 1, OEM or Rail environments
- Experience in compliance engineering to external standards, such as battery handling, EMC, vehicle safety, functional safety ISO26262, Railway etc.
- Experienced in delivering DFMEA for hybrid or electric vehicle battery or other HV systems
The ability to work flexibly to strict deadlines
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
Closing date for applications is 7th October 2022 at noon.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
DRIVING A ZERO EMISSIONS FUTURE