JOIN A TEAM THAT’S CHANGING THE WORLD
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for the position of Director of Programme Management. This role’s purpose is to lead all portfolio management aspects related to internal and external consultancy projects undertaken by WAE in line with individual project and WAE targets and overall company strategic objectives.
- Provide leadership and oversight for all internal and external consultancy projects undertaken by WAE, specifically large-scale industrialised projects in line with their Cost, Time, Quality and Customer targets
- Act as primary point of escalation to the Programme (PRG) team supporting the resolution of company threatening decisions, whether technical, operational, commercial or affecting programme delivery
- Establish, develop and manage strong stakeholder relations across WAE and where required external parties such as customers, suppliers, funding bodies etc.
- Report clear KPI’s across the Portfolio of projects to the senior and extended leadership teams
- Manage the overall PRGM and PMO resource ensuring the wellbeing and safety of employees at all times
- Drive the continuous improvement agenda throughout WAE, ensuring that the maturity and alignment of systems and processes, including Programme delivery and business functions
- Develop strong stakeholder relations and report clear KPI’s across all “business unit” functions such as P&L, ERM, Delivery performance etc. to senior leadership teams at FFI / WAE
- Provide vision, purpose and business case analytics (including forecasts) for scaled WAE growth
- Support the alignment across the WAE Operations team including supply chain and manufacturing processes to coordinate interactions/relationships across the value chain
- General items include but not limited to:
- Represent and promote the WAE brand, being mindful of the impact any failure
- Identify solutions to address areas of weakness or opportunities of growth
- Provide event support when and if requested including travel nationally or internationally
- Deliver annual Performance Management and Review Meetings and agree annual objectives and Personal Development Plans (PDP) with all line reports
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times, in all aspects of this position
- An experienced Programme professional, with demonstrated leadership of project and portfolio delivery from start-up through to production, with proven ability to start from a blank sheet of paper
- Business process leadership experience, driving a culture of broader business improvement outside of operations (streamlining and process deployment for all functions)
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in cross functional roles such programme management, broad operations, business unit management, P&L
- Excellent programme management skills and demonstrated portfolio management capability
- Commercial leadership and negotiation skills
- Technical degree preferable (STEM or Operational management)
- Engineering consultancy experience preferable
- Post-graduate management studies advantageous
Staff Development & Training
- Responsible for the management and supervision of staff that you directly manage, and oversight of the wider PRG/PMO team. This will include holiday authorisation, sickness management, communication, conducting performance reviews and overseeing the delivery of staff training and development requirements
- Implement the company’s Health & Safety policy
- Informally develop non programme management staff in programme management
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
The closing date for applications is 9th December 2022
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.