ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
WAE Technologies Limited exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
WAE is seeking a Freight and Customs Coordinator who will be the central point of contact for WAE, ensuring all Customs, Import, Export and Customs audits are fully documented and compliant.
- Project manage the development, execution and maintenance of all elements including support to the Finance team around classification, origin and valuation of products in addition investigating tariff mitigation opportunities and impacts of any legislative consideration.
- Supporting the Finance team with reconciliation of the Duty Deferment account and determine preferential origin as a central point of expertise. Ensure HTS classification through regular compliance checks.
- Monitoring regulatory changes affecting Customs and Excise and ensuring that these requirements are reflected in the development
- Develop and maintain a process for meeting certification requirements (internal audits, reviews etc.)
- Coordinate the leaders in the organisation on certification plans, monitor that external audits are conducted and document the required follow up actions. Support to plant external auditing activities.
- Conduct timely completion of Systems, Process, Product, Environmental and Internal audits
- Develop and implement operational work systems that allow people to keep safe and care for the environment. Ensure risk assessments are completed in accordance with legal & company standards
- Demonstrable experience deferment account practice.
- Previous experience in Material origins and HTS classification is essential.
- Experience in supporting Warehouse/ Tendering activities advantageous.
- Outstanding analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, and attention to detail.
- Successful management of Customs compliance analysis, improvement, and implementation on a global scale
- Strong analytical, creative, technical project management and interpersonal skills
- Tactful communication written and verbal
- Experience leading by influence, and success in being a driver of change in an organisation.
- Hold a Customs background in Global Air, Sea and/ or Road task execution.
- Organized, structured, and always have an overview of all the deliverables. Know how to bring multiple projects to a successful ending within the given timeframe.
- Ability to work cross functionally within the site, influencing effectively and overcoming barriers.
- Have extensive knowledge with HMRC process and query resolutions
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
The closing date for applications is 13th February 2023.
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK with some activities required at our new site opening in Kidlington.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.