JOIN A TEAM THAT’S CHANGING THE WORLD
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a contract Design Engineer to join the Design Team to help us take engineering designs from concept through to manufacture across a range of diverse sectors from motorsport to mining, and automotive to aerospace. Practical, “real world” solutions are at the heart of what we provide for our clients. Now is the time to join a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment to help us change the world!
- Reporting into a wide range of projects through the Design Group, the successful candidate will have a good understanding of engineering and be able to adapt to mechanical, composite and electrical systems for a broad customer base.
- Take engineering designs from concept through to manufacture, working within customers cost and timing parameters.
- Develop 3D CAD models and 2D detail drawings using Siemens NX and Teamcenter.
- Play a key role in design reviews to present, discuss and critique ideas and reviewing alternative design solutions.
- Work closely with procurement and production departments to ensure cost, manufacturing capability and quality is built into the design.
- Generate and present project material to customers and key internal / external stakeholders.
- Problem solving and fault rectification.
- An engineering qualification in mechanical, automotive, electrical or aerospace engineering or be able to evidence your proven experience.
- Experience of design in the specialist automotive or motorsport industry and or be able to show the transferability of your experience to an advanced engineering environment.
- Expert knowledge of CAD literacy in Siemens NX and Teamcenter.
- Working knowledge of CATIA V5 is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of proprietary PC software e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with a level of independence, respond quickly to problems and to maintain departmental standards.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
Closing date for applications is 14th October 2022
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
DRIVING A ZERO EMISSIONS FUTURE