JOIN A TEAM THAT’S CHANGING THE WORLD
WAE exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for a Chief Garage Technician to join our Formula E team. The Key Performance Indicator for the Chief Garage technician is to ensure that our Jaguar personnel, workshop, trackside garages and truck are able to operate successfully at every event by providing dedicated garage technical support for the Jaguar Racing Team on a daily basis.
- To provide garage technician services to the Jaguar Formula E Team on event and at the factory.
- In conjunction with race engineering, manage the teams wheel and tyre inventory on a daily basis.
- Organise and maintain all team truck operations and stocks
- In conjunction with the Chief Mechs, maintain all team consumables both workshop and trackside (race and test)
- Support the Race and Test teams in their operational goals, being able to assist with other hands-on team requirements as required.
- To continually strive to improve team performance and support the group in its objective’s day to day
- Purchase, maintain and manage the teams pit equipment and off car hardware, ensuring it is ready for use as required, proactively maintained day to day and stored nicely when not in use.
- Aid in the assembly and then maintenance of the race and test garage infrastructures and hardware both on event and when at the factory
- Prepare wheels, tyres and TPMS units and then arrange fitting, before managing tyres during sessions at race and test events. Will include in-session pressure adjustments, tyre running and supplier / engineer liaison.
- Plan and administer all team truck operations including inventory keeping, service requirements and booking of the unit to attend events
- In conjunction with the Chief Mechanics, maintain all team consumable stocks, ensuring orders are placed and chased as required
- Assist the team with all freight movements including the organising, packing, and loading/unloading of team shipments as necessary
- Ensure the Jaguar racing workshop, race and test locations are kept neat and tidy utilising offsite storage locations to keep areas organised and operational.
- Provide feedback of any issues and problems.
- Adhere to all Jag FE and wider business processes and policies.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Motorsport event garage operational experience (both factory and trackside)
- Familiar with race event tyre management, including in session pressure adjust and engineer and supplier liaison.
- Experience with truck maintenance and stock keeping.
- Familiar with road and air freight operations
- A confident self starting team player, familiar with the fast paced and ever-changing requirements of a race and test team.
Personal Attributes / Skills:
- Be able to work independently to strict deadlines as well as being a strong team player.
- To be able to work under their own initiative when necessary.
- To have a ‘can do’ proactive attitude and proactively support others.
- Complete tasks given within agreed time frames.
- Flexible attitude to working hours.
- To follow and actively enforce the company’s health and Safety and HV policies.
- This position may require lifting, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
The closing date for applications is 13th June 2023.
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.