ACCELERATE AN ELECTRIC FUTURE
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen to work as Business Development Manager for WAE’s forthcoming Battery Software products business, in a rapidly expanding team and exciting work environment.
As Business Development Manager, you will play a critical role in commercialising, launching and developing business for WAE’s new Battery Software Business, designed to help realise the full potential of battery-powered systems as the world drives for net-zero.
You will identify, develop and secure new business for WAE’s world-class Battery Software product family, as well as developing and managing customer relationships across one or multiple of the following markets: Automotive, Off-Highway, Stationary Storage (ESS), Micromobility, Consumer Electronics.
This role will act as the ‘voice of customer’ in supporting sales, onboarding and product development activities
- Planning, developing, and executing strategies to provide pipeline of qualified new business leads.
- Proposal/bid documentation management and delivery.
- Working creatively and proactively to develop sector-specific go-to-market strategies.
- Capturing customer requirements, and understanding commercial, timing and technical feasibility by working alongside technical teams.
- Effectively communicating product features, technical differentiation and value to customers during customer-facing meetings.
- Forming, maintaining and managing client relationships.
Further responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Development of sales materials which effectively communicate complex technical and market information, whilst maintaining a professional, sleek and ‘on-brand’ look-and-feel.
- Supporting the development of WAE’s product pricing strategies for each market in which it operates.
- Maintaining awareness of WAE’s competitive landscape in one or more of the following sectors: Automotive, Off-Highway, Stationary Storage (ESS), Micromobility, Consumer Electronics.
- Drafting, preparing and reaching agreement on commercial terms in association with the technical, legal, and/or finance departments.
- Ensuring internal WAE Business Development tools are kept up to date, supporting the reporting to internal stakeholders, as well helping identify ways for WAE to improve processes.
- Contributing to key industry event attendance and representing Williams Advanced Engineering professionally at all times. International and national travel to attend customer meetings and agreed events.
- Proven experience interfacing with external businesses in the engineering, software and/or battery spaces.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- High degree of competence in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Passion for technology. Ability to pick up technical information and ask appropriate questions to develop understanding as required. Individual must enjoy working closely with world-class engineers.
- Can-do, open-minded attitude, with a willingness to learn.
- Purpose-driven, keen to make a positive global impact through the products we develop and deliver to customers.
- Ability to think analytically, and take ownership of multi-disciplinary tasks.
- Competence working with financial documents.
Further beneficial, but not required qualifications, experience or skills are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an Engineering or Computer Science-related discipline, or Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Business-related discipline combined with experience working in technical environments.
- Experience of SaaS businesses sales along with developing pricing models for SaaS products.
- Experience working with Automotive OEM IT and security stakeholders.
- Knowledge of battery domain-specific businesses and/or technology.
- Experience working with customers across Asia, Mainland Europe and the Americas.
- Understanding of energy-trading and/or battery stationary storage fields.
- Mandarin, German or other non-English language skills beneficial but not essential.
- Demonstrated high-profile presentation experience.
- Ability to create high-quality, visually-rich documentation. Skills in Adobe-suite are a bonus.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- An empowering work environment.
Closing date for applications is 30th September 2022
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills.
WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.