WHERE ENGINEERING AND INNOVATION MEET
WAE Technologies Limited exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for an Advanced Tooling engineer to support the business as subject matter expert, using engineering and design knowledge / experience to support the other engineering functions with mechanical design activities. This role will lead and participate in DFM activities; leading problem resolution and other continuous improvement initiatives and activities.
- To support the Manufacturing and Advanced Automation Teams with the design of jigs, fixtures, mechanical assemblies, plant layouts, and equipment as needed.
- 3D modelling.
- 2D drafting.
- Creation and maintenance of the tooling and standard components drawing register.
- Supporting DFM activities.
- Defining commonisation strategy and establish best practice for department design standards.
- Leading design review activities with all involved functions.
- Provide design engineering support to the Production, Procurement, and Programmes Teams.
- Participate in virtual build events.
- Devise and own specific elements of the quality improvement road map supporting the Quality Management System and our compliance to ISO9001:2015, and any project specific quality requirements.
- Training and mentoring of less experienced Engineers.
- Some experience gained in a low / mid volume manufacturing / production assembly environment.
- Extensive knowledge of low / mid volume automation tooling and equipment.
- Experience in Jig and Fixture design.
- Experience and knowledge in GDT.
- Knowledge of Siemens Teamcenter, MPP, NX, RobCAD, and RobotStudio software would be useful.
- Knowledge of High Voltage products is desirable.
- Experience in the use of business improvement tools and techniques (5s, Lean, Kaizen etc.) and the use and construction of DFMEA’s.
- A good knowledge of TS16949, AS9100, ISO14001 and ISO9001 to comply with company processes is essential.
- A team player attitude with the ability to work on own initiative, and able to influence others by demonstrating a positive “can do” attitude.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills along with the ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
The closing date for applications is 8th February 2023.
Our Headquarters are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK. This role will primarily be based at our new facility in Kidlington, just north of Oxford.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.