ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
WAE Technologies Limited exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for an Advanced MES Engineer to support the battery and power pack industrialisation plans. This role will be instrumental in advancing our manufacturing capabilities through creation and execution of Smart Manufacturing Execution Systems business cases. It will also be responsible for the initial analysis, solution design, on-site application, and technical support of MES implementations.
- To lead and support major Digital Transformation programmes in order to develop and insert enhanced capabilities into the business.
- Develop technical expertise of MES application to create/deliver training.
- Provision of on-going application administration, updates, and support to all user communities.
- Embed a data-driven culture by maintaining and exploiting our manufacturing data.
- Work primarily with Manufacturing Engineering, Design Engineers, and Quality Control on complete manufacturing execution systems requirements definition.
- Degree in engineering; computer science disciplines would be beneficial.
- Proven experience in the Industrial Automation or Information Technology industry.
- Experience in a technical design & delivery environment, strong skills in programming tools, like C#.NET, ASP.NET, VB.NET, and Microsoft SQL and Reporting Services.
- Experience with Wonderware or other MES software packages and SCADA systems.
- Knowledge of interfaces with MES systems to create genealogy for product assemblies, BOM and revisions management, batch, and lot tracking.
- The ability to analyse complex problems and identify critical technical issues.
- Experience in Manufacturing and working knowledge of Manufacturing Systems (ERP, MES) and process capability metrics (Cpk, OEE, RPN).
- Knowledge of modern Manufacturing Engineering practices, technology, IT applications, IT infrastructure and enablers.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
The closing date for applications is 8th February 2023.
Our Headquarters are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK. This role will primarily be based at our new facility in Kidlington, just north of Oxford.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.