WHERE ENGINEERING AND INNOVATION MEET
WAE Technologies Limited exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for an Advanced Controls Engineer to support the business as subject matter expert, using manufacturing, PLC, Robotics, and IOT skills to support the Controls strategy. This role will also develop control specifications and strategy, develop equipment standards and templates.
- Defining and leading the setup of medium and high-volume production environments and the development of control systems to ensure production is conducted safely, on time and on budget whilst ensuring best practice is adhered to.
- Defining equipment specifications required to achieve the production requirements.
- Defining software standards and templates
- Supplier investigation and appointment to establish a robust and capable supply base for Controls equipment.
- Development of Functional, Detailed and Software Design Specifications.
- Support FAT, SAT, and commissioning of new equipment.
- Develop with the Manufacturing Manager and the Advanced Controls Team designs, processes, systems, methodology, standards, training, and pilots in the areas of:
- Robotic Systems
- Experience of contractor control and supervision.
- Training and mentoring of junior Engineers.
- Strong experience gained in a mid / high volume manufacturing / production assembly environment.
- Extensive knowledge of mid / high volume Controls tools and techniques.
- Extensive experience in specification and standards development.
- Knowledge of modern PLC systems.
- Knowledge of modern Robotics systems.
- Industrial networking knowledge is desirable.
- IOT knowledge is desirable but not essential.
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative, and able to influence others by demonstrating a positive “can do” attitude.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills along with the ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
The closing date for applications is 8th February 2023.
Our Headquarters are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK. This role will primarily be based at our new facility in Kidlington, just north of Oxford.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.