The project brief
WAE and Triumph Motorcycles worked together, along with other partners, backed by UK government, on future electric motorcycle development. Project TE-1 represents a ground-breaking collaboration between Triumph Motorcycles and the UK’s electrification experts WAE who are bringing its expertise in battery pack and vehicle control module (VCM) design to the bike.
- Streamlining the JCB Fastrac bodywork by the development of a Front Splitter, Belly Plate, and Rear Diffuser
- Aerodynamic Development involving over 65 CFD Runs
- Cooling System Analysis
- Bench testing the battery has achieved 170kW peak power, delivering 130kW peak and 90kW continuous power to the motor.
- 15kWh capacity, exceeding any current technology in power and energy density.
- Delivered using WAE’s industry-leading lightweight battery design and integration capability.
- A new and bespoke vehicle control unit has been integrated into the battery pack to minimise weight and packaging.
- The 360V system uses WAE’s cutting-edge battery management system and vehicle control unit technology.
- Market leading cooling systems, alongside the optimum balance of power and energy, means TE-1 gives the rider more electric power for longer and delivers outstanding performance regardless of battery charge.
High performance – 1790KW
Lightweight – 220KG
Rapid Charge – 0-80% CHARGE 20 MINUTES
Long Range – 193KM