Williams Advanced Engineering are currently seeking to recruit a Technician (HV Batteries) on a permanent basis reporting to the Production Manager. This is an integral role that will work on advanced battery systems for motorsport, automotive, and industrial applications. The role will be required to complete the assembly of products against strict planned schedules to a very high standard of attention to detail and quality.
Duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Assembly of complete battery packs including all cooling sub-assemblies, wiring harnesses, mechanical enclosures and fixings;
- In-build testing and validation of HV battery packs;
- Assembly of subcomponents and sub-assemblies;
- Arming of battery packs to High Voltage;
- Safety checks and testing of battery packs;
- Installing Battery Packs onto test rigs with associated sub-assemblies;
- Liaising with the Production Manager to deliver products to the agreed schedule;
- Developing build process and build work instructions and working to/assisting in developing test procedures;
- Maintaining accurate, traceable records along with ensuring strict adherence to quality standards;
- Using computerised systems to maintain build data integrity;
- Complying with all Health, Safety and Environmental guidance and regulations
- Taking ownership of the area and products, driving continuous improvement actively and reporting issues within the work area;
To be successful in the role, you will have significant mechanical and/or electrical engineering experience gained in a battery manufacturing environment, preferably in Aerospace, Defence, Automotive or similar sectors.
The successful candidate will have an Apprenticeship / NVQ / BTEC or Degree in a relevant engineering discipline and good working knowledge of proprietary PC software e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
We are seeking someone who has the ability to use their initiative and respond quickly to problems, have a flexible working approach and is organised, precise and pragmatic in their approach to work. Excellent communication skills and the drive to maintain high standards of staff and department presentation is important as the facility is frequented by key stakeholders.
This is an exciting opportunity to further your career in a growing and varied position within Williams Advanced Engineering.
The closing date for this role is Friday 5th November 2021.
Williams Advanced Engineering is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.