WHERE ENGINEERING AND INNOVATION MEET
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen to join our rapidly expanding Functional Safety Team on a contractor basis at an exciting time in our company history. You’ll be facilitating the delivery of electronic products, providing technical expertise across sectors and supporting our global client base with their sustainability ambitions. Collaboration is at the heart of who we are and you’ll be an integral team member working across multiple project groups to innovate and deliver engineering solutions to challenging deadlines.
- Working in collaboration with the mechanical, electrical, and software teams to ensure that all systems are demonstrably safe and reliable.
- Undertaking reliability estimations and safety analysis activities such as Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), Hazard Identification (HAZID), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Fault Tree Assessments (FTA) among others.
- Developing safety requirements as needed for systems to ensure that all systems are capable of achieving the safety targets and required safety integrity levels.
- Developing safety plans in accordance with ISO26262 and other industry standards, creating safety goals, and building safety cases across all WAE products.
- Preparation and presentation of reports for internal and external audiences.
- Support technical and project reviews with the customer, representing WAE, as required.
- Supporting business development activities and new business pursuits.
- An engineering qualification in a STEM subject or equivalent e.g. HND, Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree, Apprenticeship) and previous experience in a RAMS / Functional Safety.
- Experience applying IEC61508 or any of its derivatives such as ISO26262 (automotive), ARP4754 and ARP4761 (aerospace), ISO61511 (Process Industry), EN50128 (rolling stock), ISO13849 (machinery control systems), IEC62061 (machinery) etc. to development programmes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude, willing to support and collaborate with other team members and engineering functions.
- An understanding of energy storage systems and/or controllers is highly desirable.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career.
- A supportive and empowering work environment.
Closing date for applications is 18th August 2022 at noon.
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills.
WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
JOIN A TEAM THAT’S CHANGING THE WORLD