WHERE ENGINEERING AND INNOVATION MEET
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Vehicle Integration Engineer to join our team in a rapidly exciting time in our history. Collaboration is at the heart of our project success and you’ll be working with global teams on world first sustainability projects.
- Working with discrete project teams to undertake a wide range of vehicle integration and e-powertrain integration activities for a broad customer base across multiple engineering sectors.
- Frequently performing a ‘Technical Lead’ role for system or full-vehicle integration projects, working closing with PMO.
- Attribute setting, requirement management, and milestone delivery responsibility.
- DVP creation, and attribute monitoring.
- Coordinating activity between different system or commodity groups.
- Developing solutions that are suitable for volume production and are capable of integration into full vehicle programmes.
- Be responsible for understanding customer requirements, generating project scope and system specifications and for taking engineering designs from concept through to manufacture.
- The vehicle integration engineer will manage the project according to customers cost and timing requirements.
- Contribute in concepting, packaging reviews, and provide overall guidance for layout and clash-conflict.
- Work closely with purchasing and production departments to ensure cost and manufacturing capability.
- Generate and present project material.
- Problem solving and fault rectification.
- An engineering qualification (e.g. Degree) in mechanical, automotive or aerospace engineering and or experience of mechanical design in the automotive, motorsport, off-highway or aerospace industries.
- A wide knowledge in all vehicle systems, particularly: experience in e-Powertrain systems, such as Motors, gearboxes, power electronics or HV batteries.
- Experience in body and/or chassis systems, such as suspension, steering and/or brakes.
- Some knowledge of lightweight design and composite structures is desirable.
- Some knowledge of occupant packaging & vehicle certification/homologation is desirable.
- DFMEA and DVP experience.
- Good working knowledge of proprietary PC software e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of engineering software for requirements management, such as Polarion would be an advantageous.
- Working knowledge of Siemens NX 11, TeamCenter or CATIA V5 would be advantageous.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
Closing date for applications is 12th July 2022 at 12 noon.
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
RACING TO SAVE THE WORLD