ACCELERATE AN ELECTRIC FUTURE
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Functional Safety team on a permanent basis. You will be providing technical support and facilitating the delivery of electronic products for our global client base. Problem solving is at the heart of what we do and the successful applicant will be an integral player at the forefront of driving safe and reliable technology within our Electrical Department, actively supporting the drive for safe and sustainable products.
- Working in collaboration with the mechanical, electrical, and software teams to ensure that all systems are demonstrably safe and reliable.
- Undertaking reliability estimations and safety analysis activities such as Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), Hazard Identification (HAZID), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Fault Tree Assessments (FTA) among others.
- Developing safety requirements as needed for systems to ensure that all systems are capable of achieving the safety targets and required safety integrity levels.
- Developing safety plans in accordance with ISO26262 and other industry standards, creating safety goals, and building safety cases across all WAE products.
- Preparation and presentation of reports for internal and external audiences.
- Support technical and project reviews with the customer, representing WAE, as required.
- Championing Functional Safety across WAE, promoting a culture of proactive Functional Safety engagement across the whole organisation.
- Supporting business development activities and new business pursuits.
- Supporting the technical growth and development of future talent in the area of Functional Safety.
- An engineering qualification in a STEM subject or equivalent e.g. HND, Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree, Apprenticeship) and previous experience in a RAMS / Functional Safety.
- Experience applying IEC61508 or any of its derivatives such as ISO26262 (automotive), ARP4754 and ARP4761 (aerospace), ISO61511 (Process Industry), EN50128 (rolling stock), ISO13849 (machinery control systems), IEC62061 (machinery) etc. to development programmes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude, willing to support and collaborate with other team members and engineering functions.
- A passion for improving sustainability through the development of cutting-edge technical solutions.
- An understanding of energy storage systems and/or controllers is desirable.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career.
- A supportive and empowering work environment.
Closing date for applications is 18th August 2022 at noon.
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
WHERE ENGINEERING AND INNOVATION MEET