JOIN A TEAM THAT’S CHANGING THE WORLD
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen to join our Vehicle Integration team at an exciting time in its growth and our company history. You will support our activities across automotive and/or off-highway projects. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and you will be integral to our concept reviews, competitor benchmarking and market research to support our global clients achieve their sustainability ambitions.
- Working with discrete project teams to undertake a wide range of vehicle integration activities for a broad customer base across automotive, off-highway or other engineering sectors.
- Research into the macro environment, future markets, products and technologies.
- Generate and present project material.
- Attribute setting, requirement management, and milestone delivery responsibility.
- DVP creation, and attribute monitoring.
- Coordinating activity between different system or commodity groups.
- Be responsible for understanding customer requirements, generating project scope and system specifications and for taking engineering designs from concept through to manufacture.
- Contribute in concepting and packaging reviews.
- Work closely with purchasing and production departments to ensure cost and manufacturing capability.
- Problem solving and fault rectification.
- An engineering qualification (e.g. Degree, Degree Apprenticeship) in mechanical, automotive or aerospace engineering.
- A further high-level qualification in management or business would be advantageous.
- A keen interest in the climate crisis, decarbonising technologies and products, market trends.
- Experience of mechanical design in the automotive, motorsport, off-highway or aerospace industries would be advantageous.
- A broad knowledge of vehicle systems would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of e-Powertrain systems, such as Motors, gearboxes, power electronics or HV batteries would be advantageous.
- Some knowledge of off-highway and mining would be particularly beneficial.
- DFMEA and DVP experience would be advantageous.
- Good working knowledge of proprietary PC software e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of engineering software for requirements management, such as Polarion would be advantageous.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career.
- A supportive and empowering work environment.
Closing date for applications is 18th August 2022 at noon.
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER