ACCELERATE AN ELECTRIC FUTURE
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen to join our Vehicle Integration team at an exciting time in its growth and our company history. You will support HV battery programmes with your technical expertise across sectors such as Automotive, Rail, Mining and Motorsport. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and you will working as a Lead in multidisciplinary project teams to help a global client base achieve their sustainability goals.
- Working with discrete project teams to undertake a wide range of battery integration activity for a broad customer base across multiple engineering sectors.
- Performing both a “supported” Technical Role and ‘Technical Lead’ role for HV battery systems or subsystems, as the project requires, working closing with the client and PMO.
- Generate and report project health and key metrics to all relevant stakeholders through gateways and cadence reviews.
- Concepting of new battery solutions to meet client performance, cost, timing and envelope requirements.
- Working collaboratively with Design, CAE, Electrical and Integration technical groups to deliver full battery programmes.
- Attribute setting, requirement management, and milestone delivery responsibility.
- Contribute to DFMEA to predict and mitigate potential issues
- Contribute to DVP creation and implementation.
- Developing solutions that are suitable for volume production and are capable of integration into full vehicle programmes.
- Be responsible for understanding customer requirements, generating project scope and system specifications
- Contribute in concepting, packaging reviews, and provide overall guidance for layout and clash-conflict.
- Work closely with purchasing and production departments to ensure cost and manufacturing capability.
- Escalating project risks, problem solving and fault rectification.
- An engineering qualification (e.g. Degree, Degree Apprenticeship) in mechanical, automotive or aerospace engineering.
- Demonstrate experience of mechanical design in the automotive, motorsport, off-highway or aerospace industries.
- Knowledge of battery systems or power electronics is advantageous.
- DFMEA and 8D problem solving.
- DVP experience and knowledge of product validation processes.
- Good working knowledge of proprietary PC software e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of engineering software for requirements management, such as Polarion would be an advantageous.
- Working knowledge of Siemens NX 11, TeamCentre or CATIA V5 would be advantageous.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career.
- A supportive and empowering work environment.
Closing date for applications is 19th August 2022 at noon.
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
JOIN A TEAM THAT’S CHANGING THE WORLD