JOIN A TEAM THAT’S CHANGING THE WORLD
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for a Principal Engineer – Electrical Systems to join our Electrical Team at an exciting time in its expansion. You’ll be leading a team of engineer working across several exciting and cutting-edge sustainability projects to develop electrical systems and architectures. Problem solving is at the heart of what we do at WAE and you’ll possess the technical know-how and commercial acumen to lead engineering teams on projects that support our global client base.
- Either working individually or leading engineering teams to develop and deliver electrical systems across the various projects at WAE.
- Assist in the resource and cost planning for new projects.
- Generate system and component requirements, based on feature lists and cascaded project requirements and attributes.
- Define suitable architectures for both systems and whole vehicles, including managing signal databases.
- Manage suppliers delivering components or systems to a project.
- Assist with the build and fault-finding of projects
- Generate system architecture diagrams and circuit drawings to support electrical design activity.
- Lead hazard analysis, risk management and DFMEA activities for components and systems as required.
- Define and execute system test and validation activities.
- Support virtual and physical builds for components and vehicles.
- Preparation and presentation of reports for internal and external audiences.
- Support technical and project reviews with the customer, representing WAE, as required.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, suppliers and all other departments
- Understand and work to WAE, Customer, Industry and Legislative standards.
- Provide guidance & direction within the Systems Team
- Extensive proven track record in electrical integration within the automotive or autosport industries.
- An engineering qualification in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g. Degree, Masters, PhD and CPD) and extensive in job relevant experience.
- Extensive experience of Electric Vehicles including HV charging, HV battery and HV powertrain systems is essential.
- Good understanding of On Vehicle networks is essential.
- The ability to work flexibly.
- The ability to lead multiple teams to competing timebound deadlines.
- Project management qualification and or equivalent experience is essential.
- Working knowledge of Vector tools including CANalyzer is desirable.
- Experience of Requirements Capture Tools, such as Siemens Polarion or IBM Rational Doors is desirable.
- Experience developing ISO26262 compliant systems is highly desirable.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
Closing date for applications is 7th July 2022 at noon.
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
ACCELERATE AN ELECTRIC FUTURE