ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for an Industrial Placement student to join the Performance Simulation Group this September, supporting simulation activities and project deliverables across various –predominantly vehicle-based – projects. Problem solving is at the heart of what we do and you’ll be an integral team member supporting our global client base to achieve their sustainability ambitions.
- Working as part of designated project teams to undertake a range of simulation activities for a broad customer base, across multiple engineering sectors (including automotive, off-highway, rail)
- Setting up, running, and assisting with the development of, performance simulations, such as:
- Drive-cycle simulation
- Dynamic lap simulation
- Co-simulation between various toolsets via Simulink
- Supporting processes for data creation, post-processing, analysis and ad-hoc requirements
- Analysing and summarising simulation output
- Presentation, reporting and discussion of analysis results.
- Working towards an engineering qualification (e.g. Degree, Degree Apprenticeship) in Mechanical, Automotive or Aeronautical Engineering or similar.
- A strong Matlab skillset and experience of Simulink systems modelling.
- Strong problem-solving mindset and self-initiative.
- Good communications skills.
- Working understanding of electric powertrains and battery systems is desirable.
- Familiarity with vehicle dynamics principles is desirable.
- Experience working in project teams is desirable.
- Prior use of a source control system is desirable.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career.
- A supportive and empowering work environment.
Closing date for applications is 6th July 2022.
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
JOIN A TEAM THAT’S CHANGING THE WORLD