RACING TO SAVE THE WORLD
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Simulator Engineer to be part of our successful Formula E Race Team in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment.
The function of the role is to operate the Driver in the Loop (DIL) simulator in formal and informal sessions as well as being involved in its development. To this end, the successful candidate will be part of the DIL group where they will be surrounded by experts on all the topics and fields involved.
- Prepare everything that is needed operationally in order to have the simulator ready for each session.
- Run and operate live all the sessions by interacting with the professional drivers as well as the Race/Perf/Controls Engineers involved in them.
- Prepare reports for the Race Engineering group where the official sessions are summarised, e.g., videos overlays, maps, data sources, etc.
- Support informal running where pure development runs are completed by Race/Perf/Controls engineers.
- Develop simple tools (scripting) in order to make the operation more automated and efficient.
- Involvement in the Operations Room (Mission Control) supporting the Race Team at the track side during events.
- Degree level Engineering qualification(s) in a Mechanical / Automotive / Aerospace Engineering / Mathematics / Computer Science discipline or similar.
- Strong attention to detail and data driven mindset.
- Experience using MATLAB and/or Simulink along with Microsoft Office Package.
- Additional experience in any other programming language (e.g., Python, C, C++, C#, etc.) would be an advantage.
- The ability to work independently to strict deadlines as well as being a strong team player.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and proactively support others.
- A flexible attitude to working hours.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
Closing date for applications is Friday 19th August 2022
Our Headquarters are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK. This position will be based at our new Kidlington facility once operational.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.