ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for a recent graduate to join our rapidly expanding Functional Safety Team that sits within the wider Electrical Department. Reporting to the Chief Engineer, you will collaborate with the hardware and systems engineering teams across multiple products concurrently to facilitate the delivery of safe and sustainable electronic products to our global client base. Teamwork and collaboration are at the heart of our culture so you will thrive working in multidisciplinary teams to challenging deadlines.
- To work in collaboration with the mechanical, electrical, and software teams to ensure that all systems are demonstrably safe and reliable.
- Undertake safety analysis activities.
- Develop safety requirements as needed for systems to ensure that all systems are capable of achieving the safety targets and required safety integrity levels.
- Develop safety plans in accordance with ISO26262and other industry standards, creating safety goals and building safety cases across all Williams Advance Engineering (WAE) products.
- Prepare and present reports for internal and external audiences.
- Support technical and project reviews with the customer, representing WAE, as required.
- Work with the Chief Engineer to champion Functional Safety across WAE, promoting a culture of Functional Safety engagement across the whole organisation.
- An engineering qualification in Electrical / Electronics / Aerospace / Automotive or a related subject (e.g. HND, Degree, Apprenticeship) or equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A proactive, ‘can-do’attitude, willing to support and collaborate with other team members and engineering functions.
- A passion for improving safety and sustainability through the development of innovative technical solutions.
- An understanding of energy storage systems is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of proprietary PC software e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
- Knowledge of Reliability Workbench is advantageous but not essential as training will be provided
- Regular coaching and mentoring to help increase your skills in the area of Functional Safety.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
Closing date for applications is Friday 20th May 2022 at noon.
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
JOIN A TEAM THAT’S CHANGING THE WORLD