WHERE ENGINEERING AND INNOVATION MEET
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for a CFD Engineer to join the CAE department in a rapidly expanding and exciting time in our history. Problem solving is at the heart of what we do and you will be anaylising tools, testing and processes to support a global client base achieve timebound sustainability targets.
- Working within the CAE group with the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects within numerous industries, not just Automotive / Motorsport.
- Aerodynamic simulation for external aerodynamics, radiator sizing, and also non-vehicle flow analysis.
- Creation, development and running of complex thermal models to simulate a range of applications through 1D and CFD modelling.
- Detailed analysis of simulation results and creation of comprehensive post processing.
- Make analysis-based decisions, providing guidance to the wider design & manufacturing groups.
- Presentation, reporting and discussion of analysis results and project material
- Correlation of analysis with physical testing.
- Work closely with project team to fulfil customer requirements.
- Experience in automotive, Heavy-goods or Off-highway, Motorsport or Aerospace industries is essential.
- Experience of CFD modelling external aerodynamics is essential, with good CFD literacy in one or more of the following software packages: Siemens STAR CCM+, ANSYS Fluent, OpenFOAM.
- An engineering qualification (e.g. Degree, Degree Apprenticeship) in a relevant engineering field e.g. aerospace, aeronautical, CFD or similar.
- Experience of ANSA for geometry prep and surface meshing.
- Experience of physical testing (Test cell/ Wind Tunnel/ Real World).
- Knowledge or experience with refrigerant cooling systems.
- Experience in EV powertrain or IC engine thermal management.
- Experience in high-voltage battery energy storage thermal modelling.
- Radiator or heat exchanger specification and design knowledge.
- Experience generating thermal models using 1D analysis tools such as GT suite.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career.
- A supportive and empowering work environment.
Closing date for applications is 30th June 2022 at noon.
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
JOIN A TEAM THAT’S CHANGING THE WORLD