JOIN A TEAM THAT’S CHANGING THE WORLD
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for a Battery Test Engineer to join our Advanced Battery Projects Team, sitting within the Electrical Department. Core to the success of the business, the Battery Projects Team is a dynamic and fast-moving environment where you will be involved in designing and developing our battery systems through the creation of battery testing models for hardware-in-the-loop testing. Our world class battery systems are created for high performance applications across a wide range of diverse sectors including automotive, motorsport, mining, aviation, marine and defence. Problem solving is at the heart of what we do and you will be part of an exciting fast paced, multi-disciplinary project team providing testing and analysis support to our global client base.
What you’ll be doing in the job role:
- Building and maintaining Simulink and LabVIEW battery testing models for deployment to Speedgoat and NI hardware.
- Maintaining test rig hardware.
- Generating data for WAE’s battery systems through testing and data analysis.
- Evaluating battery data to meet test criteria.
- Integrating various hardware to be used over CAN.
- Maintaining coolant rights for use with various projects.
- Individual workload planning to strict deadlines and milestones.
- An engineering qualification (e.g. HNC/D, Degree, Degree Apprenticeship) and equivalent experience in a relevant sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work effectively in a team orientated environment.
- Highly disciplined, analytical and organised.
- Experience in the generation of models in Simulink is desirable.
- Experience in data analysis in MATLAB is desirable.
- Experience in battery test methods and test data analysis is desirable.
- Familiarity with LabVIEW, NI hardware and Speedgoat is desirable.
- Experience in writing battery test procedures is desirable.
- Experience in managing large datasets is desirable.
- Knowledge of/familiarity with HV battery systems is desirable.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career.
- A supportive and empowering work environment.
Closing date for applications is 19th August at noon.
We are based in Grove, Oxfordshire with some activities required at our newly built state of the art facility in Kidlington, Oxfordshire. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills.
WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.
ACCELERATE AN ELECTRIC FUTURE