ACCELERATE AN ELECTRIC FUTURE
Williams Advanced Engineering exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric and sustainable future.
As part of our commitment to building a robust and diverse manufacturing capability we are creating a new engineering team within the manufacturing department. The new team known as the “Advanced Manufacturing Team” will be responsible for spearheading our manufacturing growth across multiple sites and multiple product streams.
- Support the Advanced Automation & Manufacturing Team with leading project coordination and implementation activities.
- Coordinate supplier identification & selection activities.
- Support the delivery of strategy and establishment of manufacturing best practices.
- Assist with process, equipment, tooling, facilities, layout and logistics strategy setting.
- Leading project & timing reviews with all involved functions.
- Support with team establishment including recruitment, organisation & structure.
- Participate in virtual build & line balance / simulation events / activities.
- Devise and own specific elements of the quality improvement road map supporting the Quality Management System and our compliance to ISO9001:2015, and any project specific quality requirements.
- Assess appropriate supporting and integrated digital infrastructure for scale up and automation.
- Extensive experience gained in a low / mid volume manufacturing / production assembly environment.
- Detailed knowledge of low / mid volume automation tooling and equipment.
- Experience in Facility layout, process, and logistics study.
- Knowledge of Siemens Teamcenter, MPP, NX and NoMuda Visual Factory software would be useful.
- Knowledge of High Voltage products is desirable.
- Experience in the use of business improvement tools and techniques (5s, Lean, Kaizen etc.) and the use and construction of PFMEA’s and Control Plans.
- A good understanding of TS16949, AS9100, ISO14001 and ISO9001 to comply with company processes is essential.
- Ability to work on own initiative or in a team, and able to influence others by demonstrating a positive “can do” attitude.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills along with the ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
Closing date for applications is 18th May 2022
Our headquarters are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. This role will be at our new facility in Kidlington, Oxfordshire, just north of Oxford.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.